Translate

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Winner Takes It All
 
 
I’m trying to move on
And your voice won’t let me.
The ringtone on my phone
Is blowing up with our song.
The answering machine still has us talking;
Saying “We’ll be back soon.”

I let myself be fooled by your smile and your eyes
Your sweet voice and long night we used to talk about love
But all that is over
No more sweet talk or hugs
No more love; or at least not seen by the naked eye
 
I am done playing little games
That only end up in your victory
“Winner takes it all” said by my favorite song
And yes, you played all your cards
This time you ran with luck
Luck ever lasting
 
“Winner takes it all”
And I stay in the dark
As a result of losing this game
Were you have all the good cards
All the right things to say

No comments:

Post a Comment